Hill Billy Sportive
This event will start at the Sandyford Community Fire Station - Marlborough Way, off Reginald Mitchell Way, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 5NZ
- This event is a 50 Mile Hilly Challenge Ride. Enjoy the day
- Please make sure you consult your doctor before participation and that you are physically fit enough to ride a bicycle for 5+ Hours in a Hilly location
- There is an over flow carpark, which is Churchill China Business Car Park. This car park will be open from 07.30am until late and is secure.
- The riders will be set off in small groups at 08.30 am until 10.00am.
- Groups of riders should be no more than 10 riders per group
- Rules of the road must be obeyed at all times.
- All riders must be aware of Junctions, concealed entrances, farm traffic, occasional rough road surface, sharp corners on declines and narrow roads.
- ALL RIDERS MUST CARRY a form of identification showing their name, address and the contact details of a person to be advised in the event of an accident/Incident
- We suggest riders carry food, drink, money, a mobile phone, spare inner tubes, a working pump, a basic tool kit and spare clothing sufficient to complete the ride being undertaken, taking into account the route and possible adverse weather conditions.
- Participants will be responsible for their own cycle which must be fully roadworthy.
- You must sign on and sign off, this is essential. If you forget to sign on or off you must contact ?
- On arrival at the Sandyford Fire Stn all competiters will recieve a route card and emergency contact details/phone number ect before participation of event.
- Facillities such as toilets, seating and refreshments will be available on site at 08.30 am and open until 6.00pm. After 6.00pm all facillities will be closed.
- The Hill Billy is approx 50 miles and is mostly Hilly. It takes approx 5 to 6 hours at a steady pace to complete.
- Entry fee for Hill Billy 50 mile Challenge ride are as follows:
- Adults £10.00
- Adults on the line Entry is £15.00
- Children under 16 £5.00 and must fill in a parental consent form, send it to the address below or pay £5.00 online.
- There will be directional signs on route
- First Aid will be available on Site via Staff
- Marshalls will be placed on possible hazardous junctions and will be mobile. Directional sign will be on route.
- You can pay Online or if paying by cheque please make sure you enclose the correct amount of money, made payable to Kidsgrove Wheelers Cycling Club and send to: